Thursday, October 17, 2013

How to Care for Your Chickens Through the Winter

How to Care for Your Chickens Through the Winter
With ice on my car windows this morning it made me shiver with the thought of winter coming.  Granted, I love Christmas and the snow but the long cold winter in Iowa is non too pleasing to me.  When you have any animals outside, the winter also adds a whole new element of caring for them.
I remember a blog posting a little while back that covered the issue of caring for chickens in the Winter and was fortunate to find it.  This entry "How to Care for Your Chickens Through the Winter" offers some basic tactics but will also prompt you to think about your particular set up and what you might need to do to prepare for Winter.  The cold of the Winter season will be here quickly - why not prepare now while the weather is still a little warm?